All required information must be submitted to the Executive Director of the University System office in order for the application to be considered (see Form 7.2a). Applications must be submitted within at least 60 days of a Merit Board meeting in order for it to be considered at that Merit Board meeting.
The following information is required when submitting an application for a demonstration project or pilot/study program:
- A description of the proposed project/program. A comprehensive description of the goals, objectives, and the activities proposed by project/program.
- A list of participating employers and the estimated number of employees that will be affected.
- A timeline for development of the project/program.
- The names of personnel responsible for conducting and evaluating the project/program and who will be accountable for keeping the project/program on track.
- Specific provision(s) of the Act or Code that is preventing the employer from carrying out its mission in an effective, efficient, and timely manner.
- Specific provision(s) of the Code that would require waiver in order to conduct the project/program.
- A proposed solution(s) to the perceived problems, including a discussion of the benefits that are expected from the proposed project/program.
- A description of the procedures that will be developed in order to conduct the proposed project/program.
- An Evaluation Plan which describes the details on how the project’s effectiveness will be assessed in relationship to the stated objectives of the project/program, including:
- the data that will be collected to assess the project/program;
- when the data will be collected;
- how the data will be collected;
- how the data will be analyzed;
- the assessment measures that will be used to determine the project/program effectiveness;
- any historical data that could affect results;
- the statistical analysis to be used;
- the supporting documentation or reports that will be collected; and
- any additional information required by the Executive Director of the University System office.