Under the supervision of the Office Administrator, perform clerical duties requiring discretion and independent judgment to facilitate the smooth and efficient administration of Student Counseling Services. This position will maintain electronic files of information regarding current and past clients of the agency. Staff members as well as doctoral externs and interns depend on incumbent for the organization and knowledge of all these files. Provides support for the Associate Directors of the department. Manages departmental website. Orders business cards, office supplies and other items for the department. Assists with departmental inventory. Serves as administrative support for search processes and search committees (includes arranging for all candidate travel and accommodations, tracking and compiling written feedback on candidate applications and interview, and creating and mailing packets of SCS/ISU/B/N information to finalists). Serves as a member of the Clinical Services Team: tracking client assignments and terminations and recording changes in client files, scanning documentation into client files, and assisting with coordination of client information with the Student Health Services as appropriate. Assists with the online screening instruments, including generating and sharing reports about screening tool usage statistics.. Serves as the Programs Tabling Coordinator, including scheduling staff to sit at the tables, maintaining table materials and replenishing/organizing the tabling materials tote, tablecloth, and hand carts, and communicating with tabling event sponsors about SCS involvement in the events.. Takes staff meeting minutes as an alternate to the Office Support Specialist. Backs up the Office Support Specialist who is responsible for greeting, receiving, and checking in all clients and guests as well as answering/screening department telephone calls. Assists Office Support specialist in doing all room scheduling for SSB meeting spaces and meeting spaces across campus as needed.
Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and active participation in departmental DEI initiatives.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Twenty-four (24) months of work experience comparable to the third level of this series. This work includes performing a wide variety of office support tasks, which require the use of judgment and initiative and the ability to operate computer systems, using word processing, database, and software packages. Knowledge of the organization, programs, practices, and procedures of a department/unit is central to the performance of the duties.
1. Working knowledge of office support and routine office practices and procedures
2. Ability to keyboard accurately at a rate of 40 net w.p.m.
3. Thorough knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, sentence and paragraph structure, and formatting
4. Skill in oral and written communication
5. Ability to operate standard office equipment such as document production and reprographic equipment
6. Ability to utilize various software packages
7. Ability to train and review the work of others
8. The successful candidate will have excellent clerical, computer, organizational, time management, communication and people skills.
9. Must maintain knowledge of SCS and University procedures, as well as State and Federal confidentiality laws.
$17.96 – 18.61/hour
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University