This position provides support to areas within the Office of the Provost. The person in this position must be comfortable working with highly confidential, sensitive data. In addition, he/she must be self-directed, be able to make independent decisions, and have the ability to take responsibility for planning projects and seeing them through to completion.
University Benefit Highlights:
-Health, dental, vision, and life insurance.
-Retirement and supplemental retirement.
-Tuition waiver benefits are available to staff as well as their eligible dependents.
-Paid vacation and sick time.
For more University Benefit information: https://hr.illinoisstate.edu/benefits
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or any combination totaling five (5) years (60 months) from the following categories:
(a) College course work in business, finance, accounting or a related field:
- 60 semester hours or an Associate's degree equals one (1) year (12 months)
- 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- 120 semester hours or a Bachelor's degree equals three (3) years (36 months)
- Master's degree or higher equals four (4) years (48 months)
(b) Progressively more responsible general or specialized office experience which included aspects of supervising staff or job function, organizing, and performing duties that lead to knowledge of generally accepted office principles
1. Comfortable working with highly confidential, sensitive data.
2. Self-directed with the ability to take responsibility for planning projects and seeing them through to completion.
3. Extensive knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
4. Ability to work independently and exercise judgment in order to analyze and investigate a variety of questions or problems.
5. Skilled use of Microsoft Word and Excel with a working knowledge of Access and Outlook.
6. Proofreading and editing skills with knowledge of grammar, spelling, and diction.
7. Excellent interpersonal communication and telephone etiquette.
8. Ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly in writing.
$19.52 - $25.36/hour
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University