This position provides administrative support for the department chairperson. Under the direction of the Chairperson, this includes, but is not limited to, assisting with and managing budget processes, providing administrative support for all faculty/staff searches, hiring documents, course scheduling, and supervision of office staff and student workers.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Any one of the following from the categories below:
a. Four years (48 months) of work experience comparable to the third level of this series. This work includes performing a wide variety of office support tasks, which require the use of judgment and initiative and the ability to operate computer systems, using word processing, database and software packages. Knowledge of the organization, programs, practices and procedures of a department/unit is central to the performance of the duties.
b. Two years (24 months) of work experience comparable to the fourth level of this series. This work includes functioning as an agent of the unit or organization by performing highly specialized administrative support duties. An in-depth knowledge of the organization, programs, policies and procedures of the unit/department is essential to the performance of the duties, as well as the ability to use good judgment, operate computer systems, using word processing, database and software packages, and to exercise discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.
1. Basic knowledge of office practices and procedures
2. The ability to keyboard accurately
3. The ability to operate standard office equipment and software packages
4. A working knowledge of spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence and paragraph structure
5. Good oral and written communications skills.
$17.72 - $23.04 per hour
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University