Directly responsible for cleaning, sanitizing or disinfecting all designated interior and exterior spaces according to set standards and procedures.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. A final candidate must complete a post-offer pre-employment physical exam. Employment is contingent on the successful result of the pre-employment physical.
1. Ability to comprehend written and oral instructions necessary for learning cleaning procedures or any other function related to the job.
2. Ability to learn how to clean, sanitize and disinfect all designated interior and exterior spaces according to set standards and procedures.
3. Ability to learn how to perform general/detail cleaning and re-lamping within all designated space types according to set standards established for each space type.
4. Ability to learn how to operate equipment according to manufacturer's specification, in accordance with on-the-job training.
5. Ability to learn how to use cleaning chemicals according to manufacturer's specification, on the job training, following safety precautions.
6. Ability to learn and follow the cleaning procedures per space type as listed within the Building Service Worker training manual in order to provide consistent cleaning campus.
7. Ability to learn how to work in a safe manner in accordance with applicable local, state, federal and university safety and health recommendations and regulations.
$15.54/hour **See note in Special Instructions to Applicant for the 7/1/23 rate
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University