The primary function of the Office/Events Manager in the Department of Technology is to provide support to the department, the Chairperson, the Graduate Coordinator, and the Administrative Aide. This includes assisting faculty with preparing class materials and projects, entering textbook selections in the Student Information System, ordering office supplies, and planning and managing all aspects of department meetings and events (scheduling, food and beverages, invitations, taking minutes, taking pictures for publicity purposes). This position also maintains the department blog, prepares correspondence with department donors and friends, maintains the department's social media outlets, assists the Graduate Coordinator workflow pertaining to the graduate program, assist with managing the graduate assistant hiring process and supervision of the office's student employees, and serves as backup for the Administrative Aide.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Twenty-four (24) months of work experience comparable to the third level of this series. This work includes performing a wide variety of office support tasks, which require the use of judgment and initiative and the ability to operate computer systems, using word processing, database, and software packages. Knowledge of the organization, programs, practices, and procedures of a department/unit is central to the performance of the duties.
1. Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point.
2. Knowledge of and proficiency with Student Information System to access student screens applicable to graduate students' progress.
3. Knowledge of and proficiency with Colleague in order to enter vouchers, look up account balances, and run deposit and expense reports
4. Knowledge of and proficiency with Colleague to oversee graduate assistant personnel budget line and check for accuracy with GA appointments
5. Knowledge of and proficiency with ISU Stories/WordPress program in order to manage and compose the department website blog.
6. Knowledge of and proficiency with the Foundation's ONE database to access donor records and information.
7. Knowledge of and proficiency with the University Calendar to enter Technology events.
8. Knowledge of and familiarity with Illinois State processes and procedures to order fleet cars, keys, paper supplies, office supplies, and photocopy supplies.
$17.96 - $18.61 per hour
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University