Under direct supervision from Steam and Power Plant II, III, IV & V , perform physical labor in the operation, maintenance and repair of Heating Plant and mechanical equipment in buildings.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Valid driver's license.
3. A final candidate must complete a post-offer pre-employment physical exam. Employment is contingent on the successful result of the pre-employment physical.
1. Skill in the use of various tools (hammer, pliers, screwdriver, electric and/or pneumatic tools).
2. Ability to read 2" gauges on various equipment.
3. Valid driver's license and ability to drive a straight shift vehicle.
4. Ability to comprehend verbal and written instructions and materials.
5. Possess mathematical skills to calculate material lists and chemical and utility usages for boiler operations
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University