This position will be under the general supervision of a supervisor who will be responsible for the coordination of work to be performed. The employee will perform and be responsible for the necessary work involved in the care, maintenance and operation of gymnasia, playing fields, a large multi-purpose building, and other athletic areas. These areas are used for a variety of events, such as concerts, physical education classes, intramural sports, assemblies, and athletic events for men and women.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. A final candidate must complete a post-offer pre-employment physical exam. Employment is contingent on the successful result of the pre-employment physical.
1. One year experience in grounds maintenance and/or janitorial work
2. Knowledge of all types of athletic activities
3. Ability to work as directed and to follow instructions
4. Ability to work varying and unusual work schedules
5. Ability to repetitively lift heavy objects
6. Mechanical aptitude
7. Experience in the operation of any arena or multi-purpose building
8. Supervisory experience
9. Experience in working closely with people
$16.21 per hour
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University