The person in this job performs a variety of clerical tasks to ensure the provision of consistent assistance to our faculty, students, and other constituents. These duties and responsibilities fall into three primary categories; operational duties, supervision of student workers and faculty support duties, especially related to History Education. The job has telephone and face-to-face contact with faculty, students, university staff, and the general public. It is expected that the person in this job conducts themselves in a professional manner at all times and presents a pleasant, courteous, and helpful face to all visitors realizing that s/he is the "front door" to the department.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Any one or any combination totaling two (2) years (24 months) from the categories below:
A. college or university course work in any curriculum as measured by the following conversion table or it proportional equivalent:
- 30 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
- Associate’s Degree (60 semester hours) equals eighteen months (18) months
- 90 semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- Bachelor’s Degree (120 semester hours) equals three (3) years (36 months)
B. work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
3. One (1) year (12 months) of work experience comparable to the second level of this series
1. Knowledge of computer programs like Microsoft Word, Excel, Webpage management.
2. Must be familiar with locating resources on the Internet.
3. Basic accounting skills.
4. Knowledge of office and university procedures.
$16.68 - $17.33/hour
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University