The purpose of this position is to be responsible for developing, leading, managing and overseeing construction, maintenance, and repair projects for Facilities Management. This position develops project scopes, specifications, estimates and is responsible for project management, estimating, construction monitoring, and project construction communications on assigned projects. This position is involved in commissioning, building information modeling (BIM), project documentation, close-out, and project information archive management services for assigned projects.
1. Any one or combination totaling three (3) years (36 months) from the following categories:
A. work experience in construction management, building project management or a closely related field.
B. college coursework in construction management, engineering, architecture, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- Associate Degree (60 semester hours) equals one (1) year (12 months)
- 90-semester hours equals two (2) years (24 months)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (120 semester hours) equals three (3) years (36 months)
2. Three (3) years (36 months) of building construction management and/or building project management experience comparable to the lower level of this series.
1. Three (3) years' work experience with General Contractor, Major Trade Contractor (i.e. Mechanical, Electrical) or Construction management Firm or: Minimum 3 years work experience conducting construction administration services for consulting Architecture or Engineering Firm
2. Understanding of applicable Architecture, Engineering and Interior Design disciplines
3. Knowledge of applicable building codes and all other applicable laws such as Americans with Disabilities Act.
4. Knowledge and experience with construction project manuals and specifications
5. Ability to work independently, exercise judgment and make decisions
6. Strong verbal, written and graphic skills
7. Understanding of applicable contract and project administration processes and documents
8. Knowledge of State of Illinois and Illinois State University purchasing requirements
9. Knowledge of the ISU University campus
10. Knowledge of Illinois State University Design Guidelines
11. Knowledge and experience with BIM, MS Project and University Facility Management software programs
12. LEED Green Associate Certificate
Commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University