A Business Analyst (BA) is the liaison between campus partners and technology staff in Technology Solutions. Through their work, they ensure projects meet established objectives to benefit functional users and students. This position is primarily responsible for:
- Facilitates, communicates, and mediates through a variety of mediums and venues
- Plans a business analysis approach, activities, and deliverables based on project assignment
- Gathers information to create business cases, process maps, requirements, models, use cases, and other artifacts to communicate desired change
- Analyzes and evaluates information, processes, and requirements to inform a technical design that meets stakeholder objectives.
- Liaises between campus partner and technical team throughout project to ensure project outcomes meet stakeholder objectives.
- Performs functional testing to identify errors, assess quality assurance and implementation readiness.
This is a writing intensive position. Exceptional facilitation and inquiry skills are critical to the success of this position. The ability to organize information in a meaningful way to support analysis is crucial. BAs handle multiple projects simultaneously. Therefore, time management and organizational skills must be excellent in order to ensure quality work is consistently delivered.
- There is the potential for this position to 100% remotely work, within the State of Illinois. Eligibility is based upon employee performance, appropriate remote working environment, and business needs.
University Benefit Highlights:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Retirement and supplemental retirement
- Tuition waiver benefits are available to staff as well as their eligible dependents.
- Paid holiday/administrative closures during Thanksgiving and Winter Breaks
- Paid vacation and sick time
For more University Benefit information: https://hr.illinoisstate.edu/benefits/
Office of Digital Transformation and Process Improvement (ODTPI)
Using business analysis, process improvement, project and portfolio management methodologies, ODTPI staff partner with and work alongside our business partners to successfully achieve their goals, meeting University strategic goals, improving organizational processes, and ensuring successful delivery of project objectives.
Technology Solutions provides information technology products and services for the academic, administrative, and business functions of Illinois State University. Through our Technology Support Center and our highly trained staff, Technology Solutions looks to improve the campus experience for all students, faculty, staff, and the rest of the campus community.
Bachelor's or equivalent degree in technology, business administration, or a field related to the position
Two years of experience working as a Business Analyst on IT projects or related position in an IT environment
Experience communicating through interpersonal, written and presentation methods
Experience with or awareness of business transformation and business process redesign to support IT system modernization
Experience with or awareness in creating models and using multiple analysis methodologies to help inform changes, requirements, and recommendations
Ability to create deliverables such as requirements documents, business process maps, use cases, and executive summaries through utilizing standardized templates, following specific processes, and applying best practices
Ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of detailed information, quickly understand complex issues, and break information down into smaller, more manageable pieces
Possess excellent documentation skills, including editing and proofreading skills
Ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines and tasks that may be very different in nature to ensure on time work completion
Ability to work independently and in a team environment with excellent communication and collaboration skills
Possess strong customer service skills along with a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality, and reliability.
Possess and demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills to assess situations, troubleshoot, and make recommendations from both strategic and tactical perspectives
Master's degree in Business, Information Systems, Technology, Communications, or a related field
Six Sigma certified
IIBA or PMI certification
Demonstrated experience in software testing
Agile BA experience
Experience with higher education administrative systems
$55,000 - $80,000 annual
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University