Provides guidance and assistance in areas of Employment, Compensation, Classification, discipline, and employee relations for Civil Service and Extra Help positions. Coaches and counsels' supervisors and administrators regarding policies and procedures related to recruitment and selection, probationary periods, layoffs, promotions, discipline, performance issues and other personnel actions. As part of a team with other Human Resource professionals, collaborate and participate in group and cross-functional initiatives and provide constructive support pertaining to the duties and responsibilities of the position.
1. Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Human Resource Administration, Management, Organizational Administration, Public Administration, Labor Relations, Business Administration, Psychology, Communication, or a field closely related to the position (transcript required).
2. Two (2) years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) work experience performing professional-level human resources duties. The preferred candidate will have experience that included providing guidance and assistance to supervisors in the areas of qualifying applicants, interviewing, and hiring.
1. Customer service focus.
2. Attention to detail.
3. Commitment to diversity and inclusiveness and ability to effectively interact cross culturally.
4. Self-directed and have initiative.
5. Capable of exercising professional judgment on a consistent basis.
6. Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities on a daily basis.
7. Ability to manage constant interruptions and shift priorities as problems arise.
8. Ability to meet deadlines.
9. Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
10. Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University