The Associate Director of Institutional Research supports the mission of the Planning, Research, and Policy Analysis office. Job responsibilities and duties include supervising five full-time staff members; serving as the project manager for all compliance, recurring, and ad hoc institutional research projects; executing a project review process and project workflow assessment; completing institutional research projects and leading the process to develop, maintain, and implement data standards; lead research analyses and the development of predictive analytics; serve on university committees; and develop and deliver presentations and trainings to campus.
Planning, Research, and Policy Analysis provides data and information that supports strategic and operational analysis and planning. The office is also responsible for university compliance reporting at both the federal and state levels. Additionally, the office coordinates and supports university-wide planning efforts, such as the institution’s strategic plan and master plan.
If applicable, include information about the department, rather than the position.
1. Master’s or equivalent degree (transcript required – may be unofficial)
2. Minimum five (5) years of full time (or part-time equivalent) experience in the area of institutional research in higher education
3. Demonstrated understanding of data analysis and research data design techniques
4. Demonstrated experience with reporting systems, report writers, and/or enterprise resource systems
5. Demonstrated experience using query tools in a variety of environments
6. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
7. Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication
8. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including data manipulation and professional writing
9. Attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness of meeting project timelines
1. Experience leading a team or unit
2. Experience in report creation using tools such as Cognos, Power BI, Business Objects, or Tableau
3. Experience with statistical analysis software, such as SPSS
4. Experience in the presentation of data analysis to customers
5. Experience conducting qualitative research
Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University