The Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality is one of 13 departments within the Division of Student Affairs. It provides the campus community and guests with high quality, efficient, and innovative event services and dining options in a variety of settings dedicated to accentuating and enhancing the campus experience in a diverse community.
This position is responsible for scheduling, coordination and relationship management of public, university, and student events at the Bone Student Center and Braden Auditorium. Communicates detailed information and policies/procedures to customers and internal partners. Oversees events, manages customer expectation and maintains safety and security of patrons and facilities.
Whether it's to find a place to study, gather with friends, enjoy a bite to eat, or plan a large event, the Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality takes great pride in providing welcoming and inclusive spaces, high-quality food services, and experienced and professional staff who care about making every experience individualized and extraordinary. It is our philosophy to recruit, inspire, and retain talented team members and promote wellness and foster their development. It is our goal to promote a more fully diverse and inclusive campus community.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Any combination totaling four (4) years from the following categories:
(a) Progressively more professional work experience in event coordination.
(b) college coursework in any discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours equals one year
- 90 semester hours equals two years
- 120 semester hours or a Bachelor's degree equals three years
1. College degree in event planning, communications, public relations, marketing, or similar field.
2. Previous experience in coordinating and supervising events, particularly with a college market.
3. Experience with scheduling and room diagram software.
4. Able to work alternative work schedule, flexible with event-driven hours and job duties.
Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University