The Communication Network Analyst assists with installation, testing, documentation, maintenance, and support of the campus data (ISUnet), voice and CATV communications network cabling, panels and select hardware. This position also supports fiber channel cabling, panels, and related hardware; and maintains various UPS platforms distributed throughout the entire telecommunications infrastructure.
Technology Solutions provides information technology products and services for the administrative and business functions of Illinois State University. Through our Technology Support Center and our highly trained staff, Technology Solutions looks to improve the campus experience for all students, faculty, staff, and the rest of the campus community.
Infrastructure Operations and Networking (ION) manages the physical server, virtualization, and storage infrastructure for the University along with offering communication and collaboration support in areas such as email, shared storage, and SharePoint. Additionally, ION provides networking infrastructure and delivers audio and video communication capabilities to campus.
1. Any combination totaling two (2) years from the following categories:
a. progressively more responsible work experience in an Information Technology (IT) related profession
b. college course work which included Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours or Associates degree equals one (1) year
- 90-120 semester hours or bachelor’s degree equals two (2) years
2. In-depth knowledge of data communications technology, including the principles of Ethernet and other networking topologies.
3. Knowledge of data communication, digital and analog voice communication.
4. Skill in using network cable diagnostic equipment for fault isolation.
5. Working knowledge of personal computer systems operation and their use of data communications technology.
6. Possession of mechanical and analytical skills for problem solving.
7. Ability to work and communicate well with people.
8. Working knowledge of CATV distribution systems including product familiarity and operation of diagnostic equipment for fault isolation.
9. Working knowledge of diagnosing, isolating, and repairing trouble on data and CATV wiring platforms.
10. Working knowledge of uninterrupted power supplies (UPS)
11. A final candidate must complete a post-offer pre-employment physical exam. Employment is contingent on the successful result of the pre-employment physical.
$52,500 - $67,500 annual
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University