This position will provide superior customer support for IT systems utilized by the entire campus as well as build and maintain appropriate levels of familiarity and skill with identified enterprise applications in order to provide immediate support and long-term retention (knowledge base). Additionally, the position will serve as a communications channel between all departments related to the University enterprise systems.
1. High School Graduation or equivalent
2. Any combination totaling one year from the following categories:
a. Progressively more responsible work experience in an Information Technology (IT) related profession
b. College course work which included Information Technology (IT), or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent (60 semester hours or associate's degree equals one year)
3. Proven customer service skills and the ability to work with a diverse constituency.
4. Ability to interact and work effectively in a team environment.
5. Ability to critically reason through troubleshooting scenarios and possess a high degree of current technical knowledge on a variety of operating systems, applications, and mobile devices.
6. Demonstrated ability to follow established procedures, even in a high-pressure situation.
7. Ability to effectively multitask and self-manage assigned projects and daily tasks in an environment with shifting priorities.
8. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
9. Proven analytical problem-solving skills and the ability to research complex problems independently.
10. Experience using Help Desk ticketing software.
11. Experience with incident troubleshooting escalation.
1. Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a technology discipline
2. Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certification
3. HDI certification or similar
4. Experience with and aptitude for creation of knowledge base articles and/or technical documentation
5. Experience working with an incident tracking system.
6. Experience providing support in a higher education environment.
7. Experience supporting both Windows and Mac operating systems, as well as a variety of mobile operating systems (Android, iOS, etc.), common browsers, and applications such as Microsoft Office.
8. Experience working in a call center, preferably a technical call center
$19.50 per hour, plus shift differential
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University