The Office Support Specialist provides secretarial assistance for the Director of Psychological Services Center as defined in the position description. The Office Support Specialist also provides support for the Director of the Illinois School Psychology Internship Consortium (ISPIC) the office of which is located within the PSC.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. One (1) year (12 months) of work experience comparable to the second level of this series.
3. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling two (2) years (24 months) of experience in the categories below:
A. work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
B. college or university course work in any curriculum
- twelve (12) semester hours = six (6) months
- twenty-four (24) semester hours = twelve (12) months
- thirty-six (36) semester hours = eighteen (18) months
- forty-eight (48) semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
1. Strong interpersonal skills.
2. Works well with a wide range of individuals including clients, staff, students, and faculty.
2. Integrity to manage confidential nature of the work; tact, diplomacy, and reliability.
3. Ability to inspire trust and confidence of clients and staff
4. Ability to concentrate with distractions in work area
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Organizational and time management skills.
7. Working knowledge of various office equipment, computers, filing, and bookkeeping
8. Willingness and ability to learn new skills as a result of rapid growth of the office.
$15.46 - $16.11 per hour
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University