This position processes all classifications of undergraduate students that are submitted to the University. There is much public contact with prospective students and their families through e-mail, phone, and walk-in appointments. With training, incumbent must be knowledgeable of all admissions policies and procedures and be able to apply them. Working in a high production unit, the incumbent should be able to work with speed and accuracy.
The Admissions Processing is a unit within the Undergraduate Office of Admissions. The Office of Admissions is the front door to the University and guides perspective students through the college admission process.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Any one or combination totaling one (1) year (12 months) from the categories below:
A. course work in any discipline as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 30 semester hours equals one (1) year (12 months)
B. work experience which could include administrative support, admissions and enrollment, customer service, public relations, records management, or closely related experience.
1. Strong attention to detail and excellent assessment skills.
2. Thoroughness and good organization skills are also crucial.
3. Data entry experience and be familiar with software programs (i.e. word, excel, etc.).
4. Strong written and oral communication skills.
5. Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are needed as the Admissions Office is the front door to the University for new students.
$14.10 - $15.50/hour
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University