This position serves as administrative support and as receptionist to the advising staff in the Department of Special Education.
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Twelve (12) months of clerical/office support work experience comparable to that performed at the Office Support Associate level of this series or in other positions of comparable responsibility
3. Any one or combination totaling twenty-four (24) months from the following categories:
(a) work experience performing clerical/office support work, including use of computer systems
(b) vocational training that provided a knowledge of generally accepted clerical procedures
(c) college or university course work in Office Occupations, Business Administration, Business Education, or closely related fields
- 36 semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
(d) college or university course work in any curriculum
- 60 semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
1. Exceptional communication skills and strong organizational skills.
2. Extensive secretarial experience with excellent people skills, patience, and ability to multi-task.
3. Ability to retain and disseminate information in an accurate and professional manner.
4. Possession of strong computer knowledge and skills, working with Word, Excel, Access, and Publisher programs.
5. Knowledge of department/advising unit, university procedures in various departments, and departmental programs.
6. Working knowledge of the Illinois State University Campus Solutions system and an understanding of the Student Warehouse Database system (COGNOS).
7. Ability to work with the public, under pressure, and with interruptions in a multi-functional office independent of supervision.
8. Ability to adhere to high ethical standards, using good judgment, confidentiality, and discretion.
9. Ability to provide suggestions and develop and initiate new procedures to enhance the efficiency of the unit.
10. Attention to detail and understanding of the importance of completing a job thoroughly and working within given deadlines.
$15.46 – $16.11 per hour
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University