The Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality (EMDH) is one of 13 departments within the Division of Student Affairs. It provides the campus community and guests with high-quality, efficient, and innovative event services and dining options in a variety of settings dedicated to accentuating and enhancing the campus experience in a diverse community.
Whether it's to find a place to study, gather with friends, enjoy a bite to eat, or plan a large event, the Department of Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality takes great pride in providing welcoming and inclusive spaces, high-quality food services, and experienced and professional staff who care about making every experience individualized and extraordinary. It is our philosophy to recruit, inspire, and retain talented team members, promote wellness, and foster their development. It is our goal to promote a more fully diverse and inclusive campus community.
The Marketing Coordinator provides leadership and direction for all Event Management, Dining, and Hospitality marketing efforts and coordinates all marketing programs. The Marketing Coordinator will continuously evaluate marketing methods, campaigns, events, and technology to determine how current trends relate to the department, the Division of Student Affairs, and Illinois State University's overall goals and mission.
This position will be responsible for creating and executing strategic marketing plans compliant with University standards. It is essential that this position work closely and effectively with all marketing professionals within the Division of Student Affairs and the University whenever necessary and appropriate in order to accomplish the marketing goals of the department, the division, and the University.
1. Bachelor's or equivalent degree in marketing, public relations, business, or related field.
2. Minimum of three years of professional marketing, public relations, business, or communications experience.
3. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement marketing and communication plans, including media relations and communications, website development, social media, and print production.
4. Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, general knowledge of website software, along with a general knowledge of graphic design standards for print and media.
1. Master's degree.
2. Supervisory experience.
3. Thorough understanding of Bone Student Center and Dining Programs.
Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience, combined with an excellent benefits package
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University