The Extra Help Medical Office Associate will perform the following duties:
- Assists with the scheduling of patients at SHS
- Assists with answering SHS’s main telephone line and SHS’s Appointment telephone line
- Assists with patient check-in and check-out and the SHS reception desk.
- Assists with review of patient appointments scheduled on line
- Assists with restocking supplies. Assists with infection control cleaning in the SHS Lobby and Reception areas.
- Assists SHS with limited data entry into patient’s Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
Reports to the Charge Nurse of Student Health Services (SHS), who reports to the Nurse Administrator of SHS.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Previous front office/scheduling experience in a medical, dental or optical office
3. Experience answering a multi-line phone system
4. Previous experience working with an EMR
Mandatory Physical Requirement
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Ability to effectively communicate on a daily basis.
2. Ability to maintain a high level of concentration.
3. Ability to use a computer in day-to-day work (i.e. type on a keyboard and use a mouse).
$12.50 per hour
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University