Incumbent will assist with conducting research projects and production at the Illinois State University Farm and within the Department of Agriculture at Illinois State University.
Incumbent will supervise and perform all daily tasks involving the sow unit. This includes overseeing breeding, gestation, farrowing and all associated procedures. Additionally, incumbent will assist with feed manufacturing and delivery to the swine units.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Possession of a valid Illinois vehicle operator’s license(s).
3. Two (2) years (24 months) of experience and training:
A. General agricultural experience as appropriate performing general animal, livestock or related farming duties.
B. Vocational training specifically related to agriculture such as community college or vocational programs.
- 30 semester hours equals one year (12 months)
- Associate's Degree (60 semester hours) equals two years (24 months)
A final candidate must complete a post-offer pre-employment physical exam. Employment is contingent on the successful result of the pre-employment physical.
1. Pork Quality Assurance Plus Certification
2. Willing to work in extreme conditions.
3. Willing to be team player.
4. Willingness to work within University Farm Guidelines.
5. Willing to follow research protocols.
$15.43 - $20.05 per hour
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University