The purpose of the position of TRiO Support Specialist is to work closely with the Coordinator of TRiO/Student Support Services, the Director and Associate Director of University College, in providing administrative support services and grant compliance for TRiO/Student Support Services. The TRiO Support Specialist provides administrative support for the operations of TRiO/Student Support Services and its staff. This position works closely with multiple constituencies within University College and across campus in achieving these objectives.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. One (1) year (12 months) of work experience comparable to the second level of this series.
3. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling two (2) years (24 months) of experience in the categories below:
A. work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
B. college or university course work in any curriculum
- twelve (12) semester hours = six (6) months
- twenty-four (24) semester hours = twelve (12) months
- thirty-six (36) semester hours = eighteen (18) months
- forty-eight (48) semester hours = twenty-four (24) months
1. Two (2) or more years' experience with data analysis, data profiling, conceptual and logical data modeling, source to target mapping or data quality design
2. Possess understanding of structured, semi-structured data solutions and familiarity with operational and analytical database concepts
3. Ability to apply strong knowledge of SQL query language against a variety of data sets
4. Experience in development and support of a Business Intelligence or data warehousing initiative
5. Experience analyzing transactional source system data structures
6. Experience working in higher education environment
$14.90- $15.55 per hour
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University