The mission of Campus Recreation is to enhance the quality of life of our unique members by educating and encouraging active participation in recreational opportunities that develop leadership skills, foster social interaction, and reinforce healthy behaviors. The Assistant Director, Marketing and Outreach will be responsible for the development, coordination and administration of marketing efforts for all programs and services provided through the Department of Campus Recreation.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Communications, sports marketing, recreation or closely related field.
2. Three years of professional level experience in marketing, communication, sports marketing, recreation or closely related field; which includes experience with training and supervision of student employees and/or volunteers and experience with budget management and/or sponsorship development.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate proficiently; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
4. Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and to relate to a variety of internal and external constituents.
5. Computer skills in word processing, database, spreadsheet and presentation programs as well as a general knowledge of graphic design standards for print, media and technical writing.
6. Demonstrated experience with social media, web design, video editing and graphic design (Adobe Creative Suites) software.
7. Possess American Red Cross CPR/AED/BBP and First Aid basic certification or must obtain certification within first year of employment.
8. Possess American Red Cros CPR/AED/BBP/First Aid Instructor certification or must obtain certification within first year of employment.
9. Valid Driver's License
1. Demonstrated understanding of campus recreation.
2. Ability to analyze needs, create and implement new concepts and handle challenging situations with tact.
3. Understanding of web-based technologies as they relate to marketing, communication and public relations, specifically in the field of higher education.
4. Ability to use market research and approach marketing and communication challenges creatively in a high energy, complex university environment.
5. Must be sensitive to multicultural issues and support the creation of a diverse environment.
6. Excellent leadership, planning, organizational and management skills. Proven ability to perform as a team player.
7. Self-motivated and project-oriented with strong commitment to customer service.
8. Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to successfully coordinate and facilitate projects independently and with limited supervision. Proven competence in managing multiple tasks and competing priorities.
9. Broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and policies with respect to integrated marketing efforts.
Commensurate with experience
Illinois State University