The Career Center is a centralized resource providing comprehensive job search and career development services to Illinois State students and alumni.
This position manages the initial point of contact for all guests to the Career Center, including students and alumni, employers, and campus constituents. The individual provides outstanding customer service, including assessing and catering to visitor needs. Additionally, this position provides administrative support to Career Center staff and serves as primary backup to the Office Manager.
It is the Career Center's goal to promote a more fully diverse and inclusive campus community.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling one (1) year and six (6) months of experience in the categories below:
a. work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
b. college or university coursework in any curriculum
- twelve (12) semester hours = six (6) months
- twenty-four (24) semester hours = twelve (12) months
- thirty-six (36) semester hours = eighteen (18) months
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Ability to balance requests of multiple individuals.
2. Ability to work independently under pressure and meet deadlines.
3. Ability to provide excellent customer service in order to develop and maintain relationships with constituents.
4. Ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
5. Ability to problem solve and use critical thinking strategies when responding to inquiries and troubleshooting systems and inquiries.
6. Ability to use the copy machine, printer, fax machine, and/or any other standard office equipment.
$12.59 - $13.24 per hour
ISU Jobs Website
Illinois State University