The University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) seeks a Sr. Compensation Analyst (HR Associate). This position will assist in the development, analysis, implementation, and administration of compensation programs, policies and procedures. Provide consultation to management in all areas of compensation. The incumbent will anticipate needs and demonstrates problem solving to achieve successful results. This position is a member of UIC’s Human Resources team and will provide a great opportunity to contribute to the overall goals and objectives of Human Resources and the Compensation team at UIC!
UIC offers an exciting place to work. Our excellent benefits package inclusive of health including vision coverage, dental and life insurance and participation in the State Universities Retirement System (SURS). Benefits also include paid holidays, generous vacation and sick time, as well as many optional benefits. UIC offers competitive salaries. The starting salary for this position is $65,000.
• Using the established evaluation systems, conduct job analysis audits to evaluate and assign classifications to individuals, evaluates jobs and prepares records of validity.
• May write and edits job descriptions for Civil Service job roles; assigns job attributes, e.g. Exemption, FLSA, EEO, etc.
• Participates in creation and revision of Civil Service Classification Series with State Civil Service System. Assist in the development of job families, disciplines, levels and career paths as appropriate.
• Contributes to the development, implementation and administration of compensation policies by recommending solutions or alternative actions. Deliver training/education on such policies, philosophy and programs.
• Perform market pricing and job evaluations. Perform annual market analysis and individual market benchmarking and provide compensation recommendations.
• Review, approve and enter Compensation related system transactions.
• This includes, but is not limited to, temporary upgrades and union retro payments. Create, maintain and audit Civil Service positions in HRIS Systems according to University and State University Civil Service System (SUCSS) Policies.
• Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Administration, Management, Organizational Administration, Public Administration, Labor Relations, Business Administration or a field closely related to the position.
2. Two (2) years (24 months) of work experience performing professional-level human resources duties.
3. Demonstrated experience with Job Evaluation techniques and concepts.
4. Demonstrated experience with design of Job Family and salary structure.
1. Five years of Compensation experience
2. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
UIC Job Board Direct Link
University of Illinois (Chicago)
UIC Human Resources