Admissions and Records Associate
Function of Job
Employees in positions within this classification perform duties involved in the coordination and administration of student admissions, records, and/or registration department(s). A(n) Admissions and Records Associate interacts with a wide variety of internal and external constituents regarding admissions, records, and/or registration functions. While operating with a high level of autonomy and independent decision-making, they work under the general supervision of a designated administrator(s).
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
A(n) Admissions and Records Associate typically -
- performs specialized admissions, records, and/or registration functions related to an area of specialization;
- facilitates and/or oversees admissions, activities and/or programs within the admissions, records, and/or registration department(s);
- acts as a technical and/or administrative resource; represents the department(s) at various meetings, conferences, and/or on committees;
- develops, provides, and manages data analyses and reports for administrative purposes;
- contributes to strategy development and/or long-term planning of admissions, records, and/or registration department(s);
- ensures compliance with departmental, institutional and government regulatory guidelines;
- organizes and oversees research into trends and developments relevant to the field; monitors and distributes information regarding trends or developments related to admissions, records, and/or registration functions;
- participates in the development, implementation, and interpretation of departmental policies and procedures;
- participates in facilitating and/or regulating financial activities such as budget development and/or fiscal management;
- performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, education, humanities, public relations, social sciences, or a field related to the position.
- Two (2) years (24 months) of professional work experience in admissions, records, registration, and/or closely related experience within an educational setting.
(NOTE: A Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year (12 months) of work experience.)
- Based on position requirements, additional education, training, and/or work experience in the area of specialization inherent to the position may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of academic, departmental, institutional, and/or government laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures related to student admissions, records, and/or registration functions.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Knowledge of electronic equipment, computer hardware and software, and their applications.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the requirements of the system.
- Ability to work and exercise judgment independently in order to be able to analyze and investigate a variety of questions or problems.
- Ability to conceptualize, organize, analyze, and interpret data, complex rules, and regulations to resolve difficult situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively for the needs of the audience.
- Ability to interpret work related documents, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information.