Function of Job
Under general supervision, performs community or in-house services and functions as prescribed by a specific federal, state, or university/agency program
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
A(n) Community Worker typically -
- performs other related duties as assigned.
- assists the program director in community-wide or in-house service programs.
- provides liaison between the institution or agency and the individuals served.
- as required by the program, assists in conducting surveys and investigations of the needs of the individuals to be served.
- familiarizes the individuals to be served with the services provided.
- works with local and/or community organizations and agencies on projects to improve human relations in such areas as employment, education, medical services, social services, and housing as required by the program.
- assists in establishing new activities and services as need is expressed.
- prepares and maintains necessary records and reports.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
- one year of experience (paid or unpaid) in work related to the job to be performed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- familiarity with the community as defined by the specific program
- skill in dealing with people from varied ethnic/social/economic backgrounds
- communications skills