Messenger and Mail Services
Function of Job
Under direct supervision from a designated supervisor, performs distribution services of materials and supplies within or between campus building(s) and/or other local areas.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
A(n) Distribution Clerk typically -
- sorts reports, packages, books, or other materials for distribution;
- gathers and delivers reports, packages, books, feed, animals, chemicals, forms, or a variety of other materials on foot, by cart, or, as necessary by vehicle;
- obtains receipts for materials and supplies delivered as required;
- assists in preparation of materials for mailing;
- unloads at receiving docks, unpacks, and shelves materials and supplies as required;
- keeps records on pickups, deliveries, supplies, and materials as required;
- assists in training student workers or other employees involved in distribution duties;
- performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of simple clerical procedures.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position, such as moving heavy objects, bending, standing, lifting, and other manual dexterity tasks.
- Willingness to work, as directed, in all kinds of weather.