Class Code: 5010
Occ. Area: 01
Work Area: 000
Prob. Period: 12 mo.
Prom. Line: None
Function of Job
Functioning under administrative direction, employees allocated to this classification typically coordinate and manage the business/financial and/or administrative operations of a unit(s).
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversees the fiscal management of business operations
2. Participates in the development and implementation of unit/departmental programs, objectives and long-range planning
3. Conducts contract negotiations and prepares financial sections of proposals
4. Represents the unit(s) on various internal/external committees as required of position
5. Provides comprehensive reports and detailed analyses for administrative use
6. May provide direct and/or indirect supervision of lower level staff
7. Performs other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED
1. Bachelor's degree in business administration, management or a field related to the position
2. Two years of professional level accounting, managerial and/or business experience, one year of which was at an administrative level
3. Additional education, training and/or work experience in the area of specialization inherent to the position may be required
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED FOR JOB
1. Knowledge of management principle, practices, methods, and techniques.
2. Supervisory and administrative abilities.
3. Decision making ability.
4. Ability to work effectively with the staff and public.