Spec. Code: 3438(3601)
Occ. Area: 15
Work Area: 026
Prob. Period: 6 mo.
Prom. Line: none
Effective Date: 09/18/90
Function of Job
Under general supervision from a designated supervisor, to perform and supervise the care, maintenance, issuance, and ordering of sports equipment and supplies.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. supervises the issuance, use, and care of sports equipment, such as that used in physical education programs or intercollegiate/intramural and/or outdoor adventure sports (e.g. camping, canoeing, skiing)
2. is responsible for current equipment records and the physical inventory of assigned areas
3. performs maintenance and repair on sports uniforms/equipment used and controlled by the employing department
4. supervises assigned personnel
5. may supervise the performance of locker room services, including the assignment and clearance of lockers and the issuance of locks, towels, uniforms, and general supplies; may be responsible for locker room security
6. may perform and supervise the checking in and out of laundry and dry-cleaning
7. may order locks, towels, sports equipment, and other locker room supplies as required
8. performs other related duties as assigned
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
1. high school graduation or equivalent
2. any one or any combination of the following types of preparation:
(a) work experience in the care and maintenance of sports equipment
(b) credit for college course work in physical education or recreation
that totals 1.0 unit according to the following conversion rates:
12 months of “a” = 1.0 unit
12 semester hours of “b” = 1.0 unit.
Amounts of experience or training less than those listed above should be converted to decimal equivalents of 1.0 unit and added together when computing combinations of the different types of preparation.
3. one year of work experience in the care and maintenance of sports equipment in addition to the experience/training listed in requirement #2
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED TO UNDERTAKE JOB
1. knowledge of a variety of sports equipment and their use
2. supervisory ability
3. mechanical aptitude