Spec. Code: 0346
Occ. Area: 02
Work Area: 444
Prob. Period: 6 mo.
Prom. Line: None
Effective Date: 04/01/09
Last Action: Rev.
Function of Job
To perform medical procedures and other tasks permitted by the Illinois Physician’s Assistants Practice Act as delegated and supervised by a licensed physician.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. augments the supervising physician’s data gathering abilities in order to assist the physician in reaching decisions and instituting care plans for the physician’s patients
2. performs a variety of medical procedures and other tasks within the specialty of medical care of the supervising physician that does not require the exercise of independent judgment for the purposes of diagnosis and treatment of patients
3. checks and records patient’s progress within the confines of the regimen or protocol established by the supervising physician and reports progress to the physician
4. performs other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS
CREDENTIALS TO BE VERIFIED BY PLACEMENT OFFICER
1. Possession of a valid certification/licensure as a current Physician’s Assistant in Medicine issued by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Professional Regulation.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES NEEDED TO UNDERTAKE JOB